Empowering Voters. Defending Democracy.
The League of Women Voters of the United States encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
The League is proud to be nonpartisan, neither supporting nor opposing candidates or political parties at any level of government, but always working on vital issues of concern to members and the public.
To make reservations, contact Trudy Kennedy at 733-6244 or
E-mail: Reservations@lwvuticarome.org by Wed 5/9
LWV Utica/Rome visits the "Votes for Women: Celebrating New York's Suffrage Centennial" exhibit in the NYS Museum in Albany.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members.
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How did your elected officials vote and what do they believe in? How to register to vote? ...and more
Issues/Actions Learn More
- Starting January 1, 2018, New York State's Paid Family Leave provides New Yorkers with job-protected, paid leave to bond with a new child, care for a loved one with a serious health condition or to help relieve family pressures when someone is called to active military service abroad.
Establishing Paid Family Leave marks a pivotal next step in the pursuit of equality and dignity in both the workplace and home.
More NYS paid family leave info
LWV Utica Rome is currently engaged in a number of projects and studies. Learn more on the Issues/Action page.
Report on the Status of New York Women and Girls 2018 Outlook
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.