Because Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization that encourages informed and active participation in government. It works to influence public policy through education and advocacy.
Report on the Status of New York Women and Girls 2018 Outlook
Starting January 1, 2018, New York State's Paid Family Leave provides New Yorkers with job-protected, paid leave to bond with a new child, care for a loved one with a serious health condition or to help relieve family pressures when someone is called to active military service abroad.
- * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Establishing Paid Family Leave marks a pivotal next step in the pursuit of equality and dignity in both the workplace and home.
More NYS paid family leave info
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor meetings and events for the public and League members.
Elections Learn More
- GOV. CUOMO ANNOUNCES DEMOCRACY AGENDA TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF NEW YORK ELECTIONS AND REQUIRE TRANSPARENCY FOR DIGITAL POLITICAL ADS
LWV PRESS STATEMENT IN RESPONSE
Who is on the ballot in the next election? How did your elected officials vote and what do they believe in? How to register to vote? ...and more
Issues/Actions Learn More
- LWV Utica Rome is currently engaged in a number of projects and studies. These include the following issues.
About the League Learn More
- What is our mission? How are we structured? What is our history?
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization?
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.